...

when i was a child i bred a whore in my heart - pt.2

Posted: Monday 27 October 2008 | Posted by k | Labels:

soap&skin at sophiensaele: in fact it was at this exact line she stopped and then restarted singing because i don't know, she seemed to have forgotten the lyrics or elsewhat.

When I was a child
I bred a whore in my heart
a stillborn child
I've gasp for ..
the devil into my spiracle

I was a child, I was a child
I am a child


impression: sad and fragile and shy and morbid and adorable.

i was half way between not wanting to clap at all and clapping frantically. really beautiful, especially "spiracle" and "janitor of lunacy". it seemed like such a rare gift, very translucent and etheral in a way, as if she herself was the constant reminder of her own death. so sad, seriously, touching and just unbearably sad, because i would not dare, like let's say go and cuddle her, but it's rather that feeling of not being able to move because you fear you will destroy everything.

she seemed very withdrawn and lost like a somebody who struggles and runs through walls and walls and doesn't realize that they're bleeding like mad.



reminded me of patrick wolf, strangely enough, of múm, of yann tiersen, a little björk, coco rosie (especially when she fumbled around with her laptop for some eerie electro sounds), well and, seriously, there was some nico.

1 comments:

  1. folksongs said...
  2. i agree with you.
    looks so much like patrick wolf.
    that's so good